Oman is quickly becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Middle East. Thanks to its close proximity to other famous destinations (such as the United Arab Emirates), warm climate, and plenty of activities, Oman is guaranteed a spot on many traveler’s bucket lists.
However, before you start to book your tickets and reserve a hotel, it’s important to have an Oman visa for USA passport holders! Thankfully the process to obtain a visa for Oman from the USA is a quick and simple task that you can do online – and we’ll tell you everything that you need to know.
Do American citizens need a visa for Oman?
Yes, holders of a United States of America passport are required to have an Omani visa before they can enter the country. Thanks to a strong diplomatic relationship, it is possible to apply for a simplified Oman eVisa for American citizens. This means that you will not need to visit an embassy or consulate in order to apply for your visa. Instead, you can apply from the comfort of your own home – and receive a response in under 20 hours!
How to get an Oman eVisa for Americans
Applying for an Oman visa for United States citizens is a quick and easy process. All you have to do is fill out the online application for an Oman visa, pay the respective fee, and wait for your eVisa to be approved and delivered to your email inbox.
Travelers can choose which type of visa they prefer. In fact, there are three options:
- Single entry visa, valid for a stay of up to 10 days
- Single entry visa, valid for a stay of up to 30 days
- Multiple entry visa for a total stay of 30 days per entry in Oman that is valid for one year
- Single entry visa, valid for a stay up to 28 days for residents of GCC countries.
The Oman eVisa application process is hassle-free and can be done in under one hour.
What are the Oman online visa Requirements for American citizens?
Before you start your application, there are a few Oman visa requirements that US citizens have to take into consideration. Here is a brief overview:
- Passport: all US applicants must have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the time that they enter Oman.
- Passport details: Aside from having a valid passport, you will also need to provide details such as your passport number, expiration date, nationality, and so on. It is recommended to keep this information close by so that you can have easy access while filling out the application.
- A recent digital photo: which should be a digital photo of you that was taken in the last 6 months. The file size should not be greater than 512 KB.
- Email address: Once you have completed your Oman eVisa application for American citizens, please be sure to have a valid email address so that you can receive your electronic visa.
- A form of payment: Finally, you must have a form of payment (such as a credit card or a debit card) in order to pay for your visa.
Visit Oman from the United States
There are a variety of ways to visit Oman from the United States, such as flying into the country or taking a cruise ship. The three most popular airports to fly into the country are located in Muscat (the capital), Salalah, and Khasab.
There are flights from most major cities, such as San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston, New York, Miami, and so on. Although there are no airlines flying direct from the United States to Oman, there are plenty of airlines that have stopovers: some major airlines include KLM, Emirates, Qatar, Turkish Airlines, Oman Air, and more. Your layover will most likely be in the Middle East (Such as Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or Doha) or Europe (Paris, Amsterdam, or Istanbul).Apply for eVisa
Oman Embassy in the US
There are two Oman embassies in the United States. The first is in Washington DC (2535 Belmont Road) and the other is called the Oman Permanent Mission in New York (305 E 47th St, Floors 11 & 12).
Whether you plan to visit Oman on a business trip, a family reunion, or for tourism purposes, it is important to secure your visa for Oman before you travel. If you have a question or need guidance through the process, our team of travel experts are here to help – just let us know and we’ll help you with your Oman visa application!