Oman is an interesting destination, whether you’re traveling for work, tourism, study, or otherwise. In fact, British citizens were the second biggest visitors to the country of Oman, with over 150,000 traveling within the past year!
If you’re interested in traveling to Oman, it is important to plan ahead and make sure that you meet all of the entry requirements. One of the most important things that you need before you can travel to Oman is a visa. To get your visa for Oman from the UK, all it takes is about 20 minutes of your time and a few documents. To learn more about how to apply and get your Oman visa, keep reading and we’ll show you how.
Do British citizens need a visa for Oman?
Yes, British citizens are required to have a visa in their passport before they can enter the country of Oman. In fact, it is possible to apply for an Oman eVisa for British citizens, which is quicker and easier than applying for a traditional visa in a consulate.
Oman eVisa for UK travelers
If you are looking to get an Oman visa for a UK passport holder, there are a few things to keep in mind. First of all, it is important to figure out which visa you need. There are a variety of different Omani visas, such as:
- Express visa
- Business visa
- Visa to visit relatives
- Official visit visa
- Tourist visa
The easiest Oman visa for United Kingdom citizens is the unsponsored Oman tourist eVisa. An unsponsored visa means that the traveler does not need to have a local sponsor from Oman (an Omani national), such as a tour operator or business associate. British citizens can apply for their unsponsored eVisa online. Since it is an eVisa (Oman electronic visa), the information will automatically be saved and associated with your passport. You will not need to send your passport to the embassy, wait weeks, or visit an embassy in-person. In fact, most visas are approved within 24 hours of being submitted!
British tourists can choose which type of visa they prefer during their application. In fact, there are three options:
- A single entry visa, valid for a stay of up to 10 days
- A single entry visa, valid for a stay of up to 30 days
- A multiple entry visa for a total combined stay of 30 days in Oman that is valid for one year
- A single entry visa, valid for a stay up to 28 days for residents of GCC countries.
Oman Visa requirements from the United Kingdom
Before you can start on your Oman visa application, there are a handful of things that you will need to keep on hand as you fill out the forms. These include the following:
- Passport – all British citizens must have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the time that they enter the country of Oman.
- Passport details – Aside from having a valid passport, you will also need to provide details such as your passport number, expiration date, nationality, and so on. It is recommended to keep this information close by so that you can have easy access while filling out the application.
- A recent digital photo – Please have at least one digital photo of you that was taken within the last 6 months. The file size must be no more than 512 KB.
- Email address – Once you have completed your Oman eVisa application for British citizens, please be sure to have a valid email address so that you can receive your electronic visa.
Oman Documents Required for British Citizens
Once you have all of the required items mentioned above, you can start on your eVisa application. All you need to do is simply fill out the Oman eVisa application form , which will ask for information such as your passport details, travel itinerary, work and education, and more. The application normally takes less than 20 minutes to complete, and you can expect to receive your decision within 24 hours.
The Oman visa is valid for a 30-day stay in the country and must be used within six months from the date of issuance.
Oman Embassies in the UK
There is one Oman embassy in the United Kingdom, which is also known as the Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman. It is located in South Kensington at 167 Queens Gate, London, SW7 5HE near the other embassies.
If you are planning a trip to Oman, make sure to have your electronic visa before you leave. It’s quick and easy to apply, and one less thing to worry about. If you have any questions or require assistance, our team is more than happy to help – just contact us and we’ll do our best to get you your Oman visa!
Note: In case of loss of passport, aid or health, consult with the embassy.