Oman is famous for its warm climate and immaculate coastline where beachgoers and scuba divers are known to relax and explore. Due to an increase in demand over the past few years, Omani officials have introduced an online visa or eVisa for citizens of Switzerland looking to visit the country.
Located on the Arabian Peninsula and sharing a border with Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and the United Arab Emirates, Oman has established itself as a destination alongside its more well-known neighbors. Now Swiss citizens looking to experience the oldest continuously independent state in the Middle East can do so by applying for and receiving approval to visit Oman from any location where they have access to the internet.
Do Swiss Passport Holders Need a Visa for Oman?
Each Swiss passport holder is required to have a visa before they arrive in Oman. There is no longer any need to visit an Omani embassy or consulate in Switzerland because the entire application can be filled out in a matter of minutes from anywhere with internet access. After a successful application has been completed, Swiss citizens can expect a turnaround time of roughly 24 hours.
What Visa Do I Need to Visit Oman From Switzerland?
The Oman tourist eVisa is available to Swiss passport holders in a variety of formats depending on their intended trip. There are two single-entry tourist visas available for 30-days. This visa is valid for one month from the date it is issued.
For travelers who require multiple trips to Oman, a multi-entry visa is available, which allows for up to 30 days per entry spent in Oman over a one-year period.
If Swiss citizens hold a residence permit from any GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) member, they are also eligible to apply for a single-entry visa for 28 days.
Required Documents for Getting the Oman eVisa for Swiss Citizens
There are a number of requirements for Swiss passport holders looking to apply for the Oman eVisa. The following documents and details are required in addition to the completed application form:
- A Swiss passport with a minimum validity of six months from the time the traveler intends on entering Oman
- A copy of your passport information page, which shows your passport number and date of expiry. This information will be relevant when filling out all forms
- A recent digitalized photograph such as one used for a passport or piece of other identification. The file size can not exceed 512 KB
- A valid email address as all correspondence will be done via email. This includes the final sending of the Oman eVisa
- A current debit or credit card as the application comes with a non-refundable fee that must be paid online only
How Long Does It Take to Get an Omani eVisa from Switzerland?
The Oman eVisa is typically issued within 24 hours of officials receiving the completed application. However, simply submitting an application does not guarantee that the traveler will receive the visa. It is imperative that each detail is double-checked as any wrong information entered, even an errant key strike, could be grounds for a delay or outright rejection. On occasions where a traveler has submitted their application with more than one month of anticipation, it often happens that authorities will prioritize other applicants who will be departing sooner.
Oman Visa Application Form for Swiss Citizens
The application for the Oman tourist visa for Swiss citizens can be filled out in under an hour. Each individual traveler should expect to provide the following information:
- First and last name
- Current address
- Passport number, date of expiry, and country
- Date and place of birth
In the case of a granted eVisa, travelers should print out a hard copy and take it with them to Oman as border officials at their port of entry will ask to see the document to ensure that their records are consistent with the issued visa. Alongside the hard copy of the Oman eVisa, Swiss travelers need to bring the following documents in order to enter Oman:
- The Swiss passport that they used to apply for the Oman eVisa
- Proof of a hotel reservation for their stay in Oman
- Proof of onward travel departing Oman