Oman eVisa for Italian citizens
Apply online for the Oman Online Visa from Italy
The country of Oman has recently introduced an eVisa (electronic visa) program that makes it easier than ever to visit the country. Learn more about the Omani eVisa and how interested travelers can apply – our article will tell you how.
What Visa Do I Need to Visit Oman from Italy?
All Italian citizens must have an Omani visa before they can enter the country legally. Thankfully, there are multiple Oman tourist visas for Italian citizens to choose from depending on the traveler’s length of stay and itinerary. There are currently four visas offered for Italian tourists:
- single entry visa for 10 days
- single entry visa for 30 days
- multiple entry visa for 30 days (valid for one year)
Finally, if travelers are a resident and have a residence permit for any of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries (such as Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, or the United Arab Emirates), they can apply for the 28 days single entry visa. This is a special visa for those who have a GCC permit and allows travelers to stay for longer thanks to the diplomatic relationships between the Gulf countries.
What Documents Do Italians Need to Get an Omani Visa?
There are only a handful of Oman visa requirements for citizens of Italy. Thanks to the new electronic visa regime, the documents needed in order to get a visa to Oman are streamlined and straightforward. In fact, travelers will only need their passport, a recent photo, and a card. The requirements include the following:
- A Valid Italian Passport: All applicants are required to have an up-to-date Italian passport that is current and has at least 6 months’ validity before the date that they plan to arrive in Oman.
- The Applicant’s Personal Information: The Omani eVisa application has questions that require applicants to answer information about themselves, such as their first and last name, address, and contact information.
- The Applicant’s Passport Information: Likewise, the applicant will also need to provide information that is found in their Italian passport. This includes their passport number, date of issue/expiration, nationality, and so on. It is recommended to keep the passport on hand so that they can easily refer to it while working on the form.
- A Digital Photograph: This should be a digital photo of the applicant that was taken recently (preferably within the last six months). The file size should not exceed 512 KB, and his or her face and features must be clearly visible in the photograph.
- A Valid Email address: Please be sure to provide a valid email address when finishing the application. This is to ensure that applicants will receive correspondence and information about their Omani eVisa.
- A Form of Payment: Finally, in order to finish the application and pay for the Oman visa, applicants must have a valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card.
How Long Does It Take for an Omani Visa to be Approved?
The average time that it takes for an Omani visa to be approved is 24 hours (one business day). However, this timeframe can change due to various circumstances, such as public holidays or increased demand right before the busy tourist seasons.
We recommend that applicants apply for their Oman visa from Italy ahead of time so that there are no delays – and so that they can enjoy a stress-free vacation.
How Can Italian Citizens Apply for an Omani Visa?
The process to apply for an Oman visa for Italian citizens is quick, easy, and hassle-free. The application takes less than fifteen minutes to complete; the instructions are straightforward, and there is no need to visit a local embassy or have an in-person interview with an immigration officer. The entire process is done online and from the comfort of your own home.
Travelers who wish to obtain an Oman eVisa must start by filling out the online application. The first part of the Oman eVisa application will ask for basic information that includes the applicant’s personal details and questions about their passport.
For these questions, applicants will need to provide information about themselves (such as their first and last name, location of birth, birth date, and contact information) as well as their passport details (including the passport number, nationality, and expiration). Afterward, they will be taken to the next step and asked to upload a recent photo of him or herself. Finally, they will need to pay the visa application fee in order to submit the application.
Before applicants submit the visa application, it is recommended to double-check the answers on the form to make sure that the information is correct. This is to ensure that the Omani eVisa is processed without any issues.
Before traveling, applicants are advised to make sure to print a copy of the email containing their approved Oman visa. Travelers may be required to show it to an immigration officer before they can legally enter the country.