If you are an Iranian citizen planning to visit Oman, please keep in mind that it is necessary to have a visa before you can enter the country. Thankfully, there is a new and improved way of getting an Oman evisa for Irani citizens – and it is called the Oman electronic visa or eVisa.
For the latest information, as well as how to apply and which documents are needed, keep reading.
Can Iranian Citizens get an eVisa for Oman?
Yes, it is possible for Iranian citizens to get an Omani eVisa. Thanks to a new law that was passed in 2018, citizens from 25 countries such as Russia, the United States, and China need to apply for their Oman entry visas through a new electronic platform as the government is planning to phase out visa on arrival desks at Omani airports.
Documents Required to Obtain the Oman Visa for Iranian Citizens
As mentioned above, there are a handful of documents that are necessary to have when applying for an Oman visa for Iran passport holders. They are the following:
- Passport – it is mandatory for all Iranian citizens to have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the time that they enter the country of Oman.
- Passport details — Aside from having a valid passport, travelers will also need to provide details such as their passport number, expiration date, nationality, and so on. It is recommended to keep this information close nearby so that you can easily access it while filling out the visa application.
- A recent digital photo –It is necessary to have at least one digital photo of you (the traveler) that was taken in the last 6 months. The file size must be no more than 512 KB.
- Email address — Once you have completed your Oman eVisa application for Iranian citizens, please be sure to have a valid email address so that you can receive your electronic visa.
- A form of payment — Finally, you must have a form of payment (such as a credit card) in order to pay for your Oman visa.
Oman eVisa Application for Iranian Citizens
The online evisa application is quick and simple, and in most cases, will take you less than an hour to complete! To start on your Oman evisa application, you can visit the online application form. Please be sure to have the necessary documents on hand as you fill out your application. For your convenience, we have outlined the required documents in the section below.
Iranian travelers can choose which type of visa they prefer. In fact, there are three options: a single entry valid for a stay of up to 10 days; a single entry valid for a stay of up to 30 days; or a multiple entry visa for a total combined stay of 30 days in Oman that is valid for one year.
Apply for the Oman Online Visa from Iran
Applying for your Oman eVisa from Iran is simple, and Iranian citizens can apply for their eVisa online. Since it is an eVisa (electronic visa), the information will automatically be saved and associated with your passport.
Most visas are approved within 24 hours of being submitted, although it usually only takes an average of 20 hours to get approved.Apply for eVisa now
Oman Embassy in Iran
There is one Oman embassy in Iran, which is officially called the Embassy of The Sultanate of Oman. If you have further questions or need to apply for a visa in person, the address of the embassy is at No. 12, Tandis Alley, Africa Avenue, Tehran, Iran.