Oman is quickly becoming one of the most popular countries for tourism in the Middle East thanks to the variety of diverse and interesting cities; excellent opportunities for scuba diving; and plenty of activities for even the most particular tourist.
However, before you can enter the country, you must have a valid Omani visa. Thankfully, obtaining an Oman visa for German travelers is easy and simple: all you have to do is gather a few documents, apply online, and receive an electronic visa (also known as an eVisa). This means that there is no need to go to a local embassy, obtain a local sponsor, or wait months for a decision – all of this can be done from the comfort of your own home.
Our simple and easy guide will show you what you need to apply, how to apply, and what to expect in order to get a visa to Oman.
Do German Citizens Need a Visa for Oman?
Yes – all tourists traveling on a German passport must have a visa before they can legally enter the country of Oman. Thankfully, the process to obtain an Oman visa for German citizens is quick and easy.
The best part is that you can choose from a variety of Oman tourist visas for German citizens depending on your travel plans and needs. These are the current offerings:
- 10 days single entry visa
- 30 days single entry visa
- 30 days per entry multiple-entry visa (valid for one year)
Likewise, if you hold a residence permit for any of the GCC countries (including Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates), you are also allowed to take advantage of the 28 days single entry visa.
Required Documents to Get the Oman Visa for German Citizens
The Oman visa requirements for citizens of Germany are very simple and straightforward. There are only a few documents that you must have in order to qualify for an Oman visa. Requirements for Oman Visa include the following:
- A Valid Passport: All German travelers must have a valid and up-to-date passport with at least 6 months left before the date that they enter Oman.
- Personal Information: The online application will ask you to provide a few details about yourself, including your full name, date of birth, and contact information.
- Passport Information: You will also need to provide information about your German passport. This includes the passport number, date of issue/expiration, nationality, and more. We recommend keeping the passport nearby so that you can easily access it while filling out the form.
- A Recent Digital Photo: This should be a digital photo of the traveler that was taken within the last 6 months. Please be sure that the file size should not exceed 512 KB.
- A Valid Email address: During the application process, please be sure to provide a valid email address. This is to ensure that you will receive notifications about your Omani eVisa.
- A Form of Payment: To pay for your Oman visa, you must have a form of payment, such as a credit card or a debit card.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Visa for Oman from Germany?
It takes about one business day (24 hours) to have your Oman visa from Germany processed. However, it may take longer due to factors such as public holidays, demand, and more.
Apply for an Omani Visa from Germany
The application process is fast and easy. In fact, it takes most applicants less than 30 minutes to complete the application.
The Oman eVisa application will ask you for basic personal and passport information. On the form, you will need to provide basic information about yourself (including your first and last name, place of birth, date of birth, and contact information) as well as your passport (passport number, nationality, date of issue and expiration). The applicant will then be asked to upload a recent photo of themselves and pay the visa application fee. Before submitting the application, we recommend double-checking the entire form to make sure that the information is valid and correct in order to ensure that your eVisa is processed without problems.Apply for eVisa Now
After your Oman eVisa has been approved, please be sure to print out a copy of the approved Oman online visa. When entering the country, you will also be asked to show the exact passport that was used for the online application, a valid hotel booking in Oman, and proof of onward travel (either in the form of a return ticket or a ticket to your next destination).