However, travelers to Oman must obtain a visa prior to their arrival. Thanks to a recent initiative, citizens from more than 70 countries can apply for their Oman visa online. This also includes obtaining an Oman visa for French citizens, which can be done from the comfort of the traveler’s home. The process is simple: applicants gather the required documents, apply using an online form, and receive their Oman electronic visa (also called an eVisa).
Travelers looking to obtain their Oman visa can use the following guide to learn more about the requirements, how to apply, and how long it takes to process an eVisa.
Do French Passport Holders Need a Visa for Oman?
Yes. All French citizens must secure an Omani eVisa before they can travel to Oman. The good news is that obtaining an Oman tourist visa for French citizens is very simple and easy.
In fact, there are four types of Oman tourist visas that travelers can choose from depending on the time they plan to spend in Oman and their needs. The current visas include the following:
- 10 days single entry visa
- 30 days single entry visa
- 30 days per entry multiple-entry visa (valid for one year)
Finally, travelers who have a residence permit to any of the GCC countries (such as Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates) can take advantage of the special 28 days single entry visa. The application process and requirements are the same as the other three visas, with the added step of having to provide a copy of the traveler’s GCC resident card.
What Documents Do French Citizens Need to Get an Omani Visa?
There are only a handful of Oman visa requirements for citizens of France that applicants must follow in order to get their eVisa. The visa requirements include the following:
- A Valid French Passport: All travelers must have a French passport that is valid and has a minimum of 6 months left before the date that they enter Oman.
- Personal & Passport Information: The online application will ask all applicants to provide a few details about themselves and their passport. This includes but is not limited to their full name, date of birth, and contact information. Likewise, the application will ask for the traveler’s passport number, date of issue, date of expiration, and nationality. We recommend that applicants keep their passport nearby so that they can easily access it while going through the application process.
- The Applicant’s Digital Photo : The traveler must submit a digital photo that clearly shows their face. Please make sure that the photo was taken recently (within the past 6 months) and that the file size does not exceed 512 KB.
- A Form of Payment : Applicants must have a form of payment, for example, a valid debit or credit card, to pay for the visa fee associated with the Oman visa.
How Long Does It Take to Get an Omani Visa from France?
The average time it takes to process an Oman eVisa from France is one business day (24 hours), although it may take longer due to public holidays and/or increased demand based on the season.
How Can French Citizens Apply for an Omani Visa?
French citizens can apply for their Omani eVisa through the online application. The process is itself is quick and easy, and in fact, it takes most applicants only a few minutes to go through and complete the application.
The first step is to start an Oman eVisa application. There, it will ask applicants for a few basic pieces of personal and passport information. On the form, applicants will need to provide information about themselves, which includes their first and last name, place of birth, date of birth, and contact information. Next, applicants will be asked to fill in details about their passport, which includes the passport number, nationality, and date of issue and expiration. Afterward, applicants will be asked to upload a recent photo of themselves and pay the visa application fee.Apply for eVisa
After obtaining your Oman visa from France, it is recommended to print out a copy of the approved Oman eVisa. When entering Oman, travelers may be asked to show the passport that was used to fill out the online application, as well as a valid accommodation booking and proof of onward travel. Travelers are encouraged to have all of these prepared beforehand so that there are no issues at the border.