Indian travelers have had some good news this year in terms of visas, but there’s one new change that has everyone excited. The country of Oman has recently introduced the 26N Tourist Visit Visa, which allows for an easier way to obtain an Oman visa for India passport holders.
Can Indian Citizens get eVisa for Oman?
Yes, it is possible to get an Oman eVisa for Indian citizens. In fact, there is a special electronic visa that can be obtained if the traveler already has a valid residency or a multi-entry visa to the USA (United States of America), UK (United Kingdom), Australia, Canada, Japan or a valid Schengen visa.
Oman eVisa application for Indian Citizens
The online application process to get an Oman eVisa for Indian citizens is simple and straightforward. The traveler must fill out the Oman online application with their personal information, passport details, travel itinerary, copy of an existing visa to one of the countries listed above, and a copy of an existing hotel reservation in Oman along with a return ticket.
Documents required to obtain the Oman visa for Indian citizens
There are a handful of Oman Visa Requirements that Indian travelers must have in order to submit their application for the 26N Tourist Visit visa. Here is a step by step guide on what is required from the Oman embassy:
- Passport – it is mandatory for all Indian citizens to have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the time that they enter Oman. It is also necessary to have an image of your scanned passport.
- Passport details — Aside from having a valid passport, travelers will also need to provide details such as their passport number, expiration date, nationality, and so on.
- A visa — As mentioned above, Indian citizens must have a valid residency or a multi-entry visa to the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Japan or a valid Schengen visa. Please have a copy ready to submit when you are completing the application.
- An existing hotel reservation and return tickets — It is important to book accommodations in Oman and a return ticket back home before you apply for a visa. Therefore, please have a copy ready when you start applying.
- A recent digital photo –It is necessary to have at least one digital photo of you (the traveler) that was taken in the last 6 months. The file size should not be larger than 512 KB.
- Email address — Once you have completed your Oman eVisa application for Indian citizens, please be sure to have a valid email address so that you can receive your electronic visa.
- A form of payment — Finally, you must have a form of payment (such as a credit card) in order to pay for your Oman visa
Apply for the Oman online Visa from India
Applying for the visa for Oman from India is quick and should take you less than one hour to complete. Please have all of the Oman visa requirements at hand as you complete the application. This should include a copy of your passport, a copy of your visa (mentioned above), a copy of an existing hotel reservation and return tickets, a recent photo, and a form of payment.
When applying, there is an option of applying for a 10-day visa or a 30-day visa, depending on your needs and how long you plan to stay in the country.
Once you have submitted your application, it takes an average of less than 24 hours to receive a response. It may take a bit longer due to seasonal demand, but you can expect a reply within a few days.
Oman Embassy in India
India currently has an Omani embassy and a consulate: one is located in Mumbai and the other in New Delhi. The Consulate of the Sultanate of Oman has its office at No. 112, 11th Floor, Maker Chambers 4, Jamnalal Bajaj Road, Nariman Point, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400021, India. The embassy in New Delhi is located on floors 10 & 11, Chandragupta Marg Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021, India.
Before visiting Oman, it is important to secure your visa first. Make your trip easier and stress-free by applying in advance and following the steps above. If you have any questions, our team of visa experts are ready to help out – feel free to contact us at any time!