Oman eVisa for Dutch citizens
Apply online for the Oman Online Visa from the Netherlands
Over the last few years, the country of Oman has transformed into the fastest growing tourist destination in the Middle East. Located on the Arabian Peninsula, The Sultanate of Oman offers world-class swimming and diving all along its expansive shores. The capital, Muscat, is an exciting blend of old and new and has become a popular stopping point on the previously established tourist trail, which features neighboring cities such as Dubai and Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.
As a result of this increase in tourism, Omani officials have introduced an online visa, or eVisa, designed to make the process of applying for and receiving a visa as simple as possible. Now all Dutch citizens traveling to Oman can quickly and easily receive approval for visiting the oldest independent state in the Arab world.
What Visa Do I Need to Visit Oman From The Netherlands?
Oman tourist eVisas for Netherlands citizens come in a variety of formats. The type of visa that Dutch passport holders apply for will depend on both their residency and their intended duration of stay in Oman.
The most common eVisa allows for a single entry of either 10 days or 30 days. This means that once you leave Oman, you must have a separate visa to enter again. Those visas are valid for one month from the date of approval.
There is also a multi-entry eVisa, which is valid for one year and allows holders to stay a total of 30 days in Oman.
In cases where Dutch citizens hold a residence permit from a GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) country, they are eligible to apply for a 28-day single entry visa.
What Documents Do Dutch Citizens Need to Get an Omani eVisa?
There are a number of documents that Dutch citizens need to supply when applying for their Oman eVisa. Before starting an application, make sure to have the following documents and items:
- A valid Dutch passport with at least six months remaining validity from the date of arrival into Oman
- In addition to having the physical passport, please ensure that you have a copy of the biographical page of the passport showing the passport number, the date of expiry, and the country of origin
- A recent identification style (for passport, driver’s license, etc) digital photograph with maximum quality (size) of 512 KB
- All correspondence, including the final issuing of the eVisa, will be done entirely via email, therefore it is imperative that you have a valid email address
- No matter if the application is approved or not, all applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable fee. This fee must be paid online either with a debit card or a credit card
Further personal points of data will be required during the filling out of the eVisa application.
How Long Does it Take for an Omani eVisa to Be Approved?
Dutch citizens can expect to receive a response on their Oman Tourist eVisa within 24 hours. Most applications are successful, however, it is important to double-check all of the details as any miscues can lead to a delay or outright rejection. In cases where the intended date of departure is more than a month away, authorities may choose to prioritize more pressing applications. In such instances, wait a few days before querying as they will surely attend to your application with sufficient time for your trip.
How Can Dutch Citizens Apply for an Omani eVisa?
The application for the Oman tourist visa for citizens from the Netherlands is easy to fill out and in most cases can be completed in under an hour. Travelers should be prepared to provide the following information:
- First and last name
- Date and place of birth
- Passport details such as the expiration date, country of origin, and passport number
- Current place of residency
After the eVisa has been issued, it is necessary to print out a hard copy and carry it with your passport as Omani border officials will ask to see that their records match yours. In addition, each traveler must bring the following documents with them to Oman:
- Proof of a hotel reservation in Oman
- Proof of onward flight or travel departing Oman
- The Dutch passport that they used to apply for the Oman eVisa