Danish citizens who are interested in visiting the country of Oman are now able to receive permission to enter the country following an online application designed to streamline the entire process.
The Omani eVisa system will eliminate the need to physically travel to an Omani embassy or consulate for Danish passport holders who are looking to visit Oman for tourism purposes.
While the Omani eVisa application process was built to eliminate much of the hassle of acquiring a visa, it still has a number of steps that are required. Read on to find out everything you need to know about the online visa for Oman.
Do Danes Need a Visa to Visit Oman?
Yes, every Danish citizen who wishes to travel to Oman is required to have their own eVisa to do so.Apply Now for Oman eVisa
Below you will find details about the types of visas available to Danish passport holders, as well as for those Danish citizens who have a current residence permit from one of the other Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries. These include Kuwait, Bahrain, The United Arab Emirates (UEA), Saudi Arabia, and Qatar.
Omani eVisa Requirements for Danish Nationals
Even though the application process is easy, there are still a few Omani eVisa entry requirements that each Danish national must meet in order to receive their travel permit.
First and foremost, each traveler of Denmark must have their own passport, which must have a minimum of six months of validity from the date the traveler enters Oman.
Danish travelers must also present a passport-style photograph, which will be digitally uploaded during the application process.
Note: the photograph can be uploaded after the application form with their personal information has been submitted.
Each Omani visa application carries with it a non-refundable fee that must be paid via either debit or credit card.
Finally, in order to submit an application, Danes must have a current email address as every piece of correspondence will be done via email.
Submitting an Omani eVisa application form from Denmark
As well as the items listed above, every Danish national must fill out an Omani eVisa application form for their travel authorization. This form is simple to fill out, but it must be done so carefully in order to ensure that only the correct information is entered.
Each applicant must be prepared to provide the following:
- First and last name as it appears on their passport information page
- Date of birth
- Their current address of residency
- Passport date of issue and expiration date
Other information required might be related to health issues and possible criminal records, if any.
How long does it take to get an Oman online visa from Denmark?
Once an application form has been submitted and the payment has been received, there is an expected turnaround time for a response from the Omani tourism officials of as little as 24 hours.
However, Danish travelers can apply for their Omani eVisa whenever they like, so applicants are encouraged to plan ahead to avoid any unforeseen incidents.
Apply for Oman eVisa
Types of Omani eVisas for Danish Nationals
There are a few Omani tourist eVisas that are available to Danish citizens. Each one can be applied for using the same application form. Danish passengers must be sure to check the correct option for their needs when submitting their application.
- A single-entry tourist visa valid for up to thirty days
- A multi-entry tourist visa which allows for multiple stays of up to thirty days in Oman and is valid for one year
- A single-entry tourist visa valid for twenty-eight days. Note: This option is only available to Danish citizens who are currently permanent residents of any GCC country (Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UEA)
For travelers from Denmark who arrive in Oman and find that they want to extend their stay, there are a few options available for Omani visa extensions.
Arriving into Oman From Denmark
An approved tourist eVisa from Oman does not guarantee Danish passport holders passage into the country at their port of entry. It is important to plan ahead and be organized before departing.
Whether staying in the country for a few days or planning a longer vacation, each traveler from Denmark should be prepared to show the following documents to border officials upon arriving in Oman:
- A hard copy of their approved visa application. This is to ensure that Omani officials have the same information so they can guard against fraud
- A hard copy of their passport information page
- Proof of onward travel leaving Oman. This can be via any mode of transport and does not need to mean that the Danish traveler is returning to Denmark. The travel arrangements simply need to be before the traveler’s visa expires
- Proof of accommodation for the duration of their stay. For example, a print out of a hotel reservation
With all this information prepared and in mind, Danes can rest assure they will have a hassle-free trip to Oman.