Oman is quickly becoming a popular destination for both tourism and business purposes. This bustling country is home to many of the top businesses in the Middle East, as well as plenty of interesting tourist attractions. However, it is important to note that all Canadian travelers must have a visa before they arrive in Oman.
A recent initiative by the Omani government has given the chance for citizens from more than 70 countries to apply for their Oman visa through the internet – including those from Canada.
Obtaining an Oman visa for Canadians can be done from the comfort of one’s home – all travelers have to do is gather the required documentation, fill out the online application, and receive an email containing their approved Oman electronic visa. This eVisa is tied to the traveler’s passport and will be used to grant access to the country once the traveler arrives and passes passport control.
Those looking to apply for an Oman visa from Canada can use the following guide to learn more about the electronic visa; what is required; and how to apply.
Do Canadian Passport Holders Need a Visa for Oman?
Yes. All Canadian citizens must have a visa in order to enter Oman. The Oman tourist visa for Canadian citizens grants travelers the right to enter the country for a specified amount of time. There are four types of Oman tourist visas currently offered to Canadian travelers. The visas are divided into single- and multiple- entry visas with different durations depending on the needs of the traveler.
The current visas available to Canadian tourists include the following:
- 10 days single entry visa
- 30 days single entry visa
- 30 days multiple entry visa (which is also valid for one year)
Likewise, Canadian citizens who currently hold a residence permit to any of the GCC countries (including Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates) are given the opportunity to apply for a special type of visa – the 28 days single entry visa.
Required Documents to Get an Oman Visa for Canadian Citizens
Before travelers can apply for their Oman eVisa, it is important to gather all of the required documents. Thankfully, there are only a few Oman visa requirements for citizens of Canada – all applicants need are their Canadian passports, a digital photo, and a credit or debit card. The Oman e-visa requirements in detail include the
- A Current Canadian Passport: All applicants must apply using a current Canadian passport that has a minimum of 6 months validity left before the date that they arrive in Oman.
- The Applicant’s Personal Information: When filling out the application, all applicants will have to provide some information about themselves. This includes but is not limited to their full name, date of birth, and contact information.
- The Applicant’s Passport Information: Likewise, the applicant will ask for the traveler’s passport number, date of issue, date of expiration, and nationality. We advise all applicants to keep their Canadian passport nearby when going through the application so that it is easier to find the information needed.
- The Applicant’s Digital Photo: The applicant will need to submit a digital photo with their face and features clearly show. The photo must be on a white background, taken recently (within the past 6 months), and have a file size that does not exceed 512 KB.
- A Form of Payment: Finally, applicants must have a way to pay for their Oman visa, such as a debit or credit card.
Oman Visa Application Form for Canadian Citizens
All travelers are encouraged to start their process of obtaining an Omani visa by completing the online application. The process is comfortable, fast, and easy – plus as a bonus, everything is done electronically. This means there is no need to visit an embassy, submit tons of paperwork, or have an interview with an immigration agent.
The application itself asks all applicants for a few pieces of information about themselves and their passport. This includes their full name, place of birth, date of birth, and contact information. Afterward, applicants will need to fill in details about their passport, which includes the passport number, nationality, and date of issue and expiration. The final step is for applicants to upload a digital photo of themselves and pay the application fee.
When entering Oman, applicants are encouraged to make sure that they have the passport that was used to fill out the online application, a copy of their accommodation reservation (such as a hotel or hostel), and proof of onward travel on hand. Likewise, travelers should also print out a copy of their approved Oman eVisa to show to the border agent.Apply for eVisa Now