Oman travel authorities have implemented an electronic travel authorization to enter Oman, also known as an Omani eVisa.
The eVisa to Oman is obtained through an entirely online application process that allows travelers from Belgium, as well as over a hundred other countries, to receive permission to visit Oman.
Although the process was designed to be simple to understand and easy to complete, it is still critical for Belgian visitors to take the application seriously and to pay close attention to what is required of them.
Omani eVisa Options for Belgians
The type of Omani tourist eVisa that Belgian travelers apply for will be dependent upon their intended length of stay in Oman.
There are also other determining factors such as how frequently they wish to enter Oman, and if they have residency in any nearby countries.
The Omani online visa options for Belgians are as follows:
- A single-entry visa that allows Belgians to stay in Oman for up to 30 days
- A multi-entry visa that is valid for one year during which Belgians can enter Oman various times, staying for up to 30 days each visit
- A single-entry visa that allows Belgians holding a Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) residence permit to stay in Oman for up to 28 days
The preferred option must be selected by nationals of Belgium during the application process.Oman eVisa for Belgian Citizens
Omani eVisa From Belgium: Required Documents & Prerequisites
Once travelers have figured out which eVisa they require, they will need to gather several documents and meet certain prerequisites and conditions. Every Belgium passport holder must have the following Omani electronic visa entry requirements:
- A valid passport from Belgium (or another country that is eligible for an Omani tourist eVisa). The passport must have at least six months of remaining validity from the intended date of entry into Oman
- A recent passport-style photograph that can be uploaded after the application form has been submitted, if necessary
- A credit or debit card to pay the non-refundable Omani eVisa fee
- A current email address since the entire process is carried out online and notifications are sent to that account
- A digital scan of their passport information page
- Proof of accommodation (in the form of hotel bookings, for instance), and proof of onward travel (in the form of flight tickets)
Note: Belgians must keep an eye on their email account’s spam folder after submitting their application if they have not heard back in a few days.
Omani eVisa Application Form for Belgian Nationals
In addition to the mentioned requirements above, each Belgian visitors must also provide personal details via the Omani eVisa application form.
This electronic form includes personal questions and requires to complete some simple travel details, which must match with the documents provided by Belgians.
Applicants from Belgium can expect to provide basic details such as:
- Full name as it appears on the information page of their passport
- Current place of residence
- Date and place of birth
- Passport number
- Passport date of issue and date of expiration
Once these details have been entered, citizens of Belgium must make sure to double-check the submitted information to avoid any mistakes or misleading details since any issue can generate a delay or be grounds for an eVisa rejection.
Processing time to receive an Oman eVisa from Belgium
Provided that all of the information was correctly entered, Belgian citizens can expect a fast turnaround. Typically, the Omani travel authorities aim to respond to each application around 24-hours after they have received it.
In some cases, this time can be extended by a few days. Therefore, it is best to apply with plenty of time before traveling should there be any delays or issues with the application.
What to do after receiving the Omani eVisa as Belgian
Once the Omani eVisa has been sent to Belgian applicants, they must print out a hard copy of their electronic travel permit and carry it with them to show the border officials, along with the passport.
When arriving at any of Oman’s ports of entry, visitors from Belgium will also need to comply with the Omani customs regulations, which controls the import and export of forbidden and restricted items, journeys made with pets, and the eligibility of the type of luggage.
It is also important that Belgians leave Oman before the expiration of their online visa since overstaying an Omani eVisa can lead to fines and other legal consequences.