Oman eVisa for Australian citizens
Apply online for the Oman Online Visa from Australia
For those who wish to travel to Oman, there is good news: thanks to a recent initiative, citizens of more than 70 countries can obtain an online visa in order to visit Oman. Likewise, citizens of Australia are no exception: the only requirement needed is to gather the necessary documents, including the traveler’s passport and a digital photo, and to complete the online application. Travelers can expect to get their Omani visa from Australia within 24 hours after applying, and the entire process is done from the comfort of their own home.
The following article was created for travelers who are planning to apply for an Oman visa and includes information about obtaining an Oman visa for Australian citizens, the application process, and what documents are needed.
Do Australian citizens need a visa to Oman?
Yes. Australian citizens are required to have a visa before they can enter the country of Oman.
Obtaining an Oman tourist visa for Australian citizens is fast, simple, and easy.
Currently, there are 4 types of tourist visas to Oman for Australian citizens. Travelers can pick the type of visa they want, depending on the purpose and duration of their trip. The visas include the following:
- Single entry visa for 10 days
- Single entry visa 30 days
- 30-day multiple entry visa (valid for one year)
The last type of visa is for Australian travelers who hold a residence permit to any of the GCC countries (for example, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates). This is a special 28-day single-entry visa. The application process is exactly the same as the other 3 visas, and the only additional step is to submit a copy of the traveler’s GCC resident card.
Documents Required to Obtain an Omani Visa for Australians
There are only a few Oman visa requirements for citizens of Australia – in fact, the only items that applicants need are their passport, a digital photo, and a form of payment. Here are the documents needed in order to apply for a visa:
- A Valid Passport: Every applicant must have a valid Australian passport that does not expire for at least 6 months before they enter Oman.
- Personal information and passport: When applying for a visa, applicants will be asked about their personal information as well as passport data. This includes but is not limited to his or her first name, surname, date of birth, contact details, and more. The application will also ask for the passport number, date, and place of issue, and the expiration date of the passport. When applying, it is best to keep the passport nearby so that applicants can easily access the data needed.
- A Digital Photo: The applicant must submit a photo of him or herself. The photo must be clear, taken against a white background, and must be taken recently (within 6 months). Finally, please make sure that the file size is less than 512 KB.
- Form of payment: To pay for the Oman visa fee, applicants must have a valid debit or credit card.
How Long Does It Take to Obtain a Visa to Oman from Australia?
The average processing time for an Omani electronic visa from Australia is one business day (24 hours). Sometimes there are exceptions and it may take longer, for example, in the case of public holidays or increased demand due to the season.
Apply for an Omani Visa from Australia
Australian citizens who wish to obtain an Omani eVisa must start by filling out the online application. The process is quick and simple – in fact, it only takes a few minutes to fill out the application, submit a photo, and pay the fee.
The first part of the application asks applicants to fill in their passport details and contact information. This includes their name and surname, place of birth, date of birth and contact information. Afterward, applicants will be asked to fill out passport data such as passport number, citizenship, date of issue, and validity of the passport. The final step is to upload the digital photo and pay the visa fee.
When the Omani visa is ready, it is advised to print a photocopy of your confirmed eVisa. Likewise, before traveling, travelers should gather the passport that was used in the visa application, a confirmation of their accomodations in Oman, and proof of onward travel. All of these items will be checked by a border guard upon arrival.