The majority of foreign citizens are required to obtain a visa to travel to Oman. The only nationalities able to travel to Oman visa-free are citizens of other Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) member nations. These are Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. All other foreign citizens are required to obtain a visa for Oman before entering the country. Citizens of eligible countries are able to obtain an Oman eVisa exclusively online through a simple online application, eliminating the need to apply at an embassy or consulate.
What is the Oman eVisa?
The Oman eVisa is an electronic travel authorization introduced by the Sultanate of Oman in March 2018.
Necessary for short stays and for tourism purposes.
The Oman eVisa or Oman online visa simplify the process of obtaining a tourist Oman visa for short stays. For the majority of eligible travelers, the Oman online eVisa is available either as:
- A single entry visa for stays of up to 10 or 30 days
- A multiple-entry visa which allows a total stay of 30 days per entry over a one-year period
Those with a valid residence card for a GCC country are able to obtain an Oman online visa valid for a single entry stay of up to 28 days.
In order to apply, eligible citizens must complete the simple and straightforward Oman visa application form, which only takes minutes to complete. Applicants are required to fill in basic personal and passport data and travel information, pay the Oman visa online fee, and supply a current email address at which to receive a copy of the visa application and receipt of payment.
It is necessary for holders of an approved Oman eVisa online to print at least 1 copy of the eVisa to present at Oman border control, alongside the relevant passport and some required supporting documentation, in order to gain access to the country.
Who Needs to Apply for a Visa to Go to Oman?
To submit an eVisa Oman application, it is first necessary to meet the requirements for the Oman eVisa online. Applicants are required to have a passport from an eVisa Oman eligible country valid for at least 6 months from the expected date of arrival in Oman. It’s also necessary to provide a copy of the passport biographical page, a digital photograph, a credit or debit card to pay the visa fee, and a current email address.
Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply for the online Oman visa:
- United Kingdom
- United States
- American Samoa*
- Antigua and Barbuda*
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- British Indian Ocean Territory*
- Brunei Darussalam
- Burkina Faso*
- Cape Verde*
- Cayman Islands*
- C. African Republic*
- Christmas Island*
- Cocos Islands*
- DR of the Congo*
- Cook Islands*
- Costa Rica
- Cote D’Ivoire*
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic*
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea*
- Falkland Islands*
- Faroe Islands*
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia*
- Hong Kong
- North Korea*
- South Korea
- Marshall Islands*
- New Caledonia*
- New Zealand
- Norfolk Island*
- Palestinian Territory*
- Papua New Guinea*
- Pitcairn Islands*
- Puerto Rico*
- Republic of Cyprus
- St Helena*
- St Lucia*
- St Pierre and Miquelon*
- St Vincent and the Grenadines*
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe*
- Sierra Leone*
- Solomon Islands*
- South Africa
- South Sudan*
- Sri Lanka*
- Trinidad and Tobago*
- Turks and Caicos*
- Vatican City
- Virgin Islands, British*
- Virgin Islands, U.S.*
- Wallis and Futuna*
* Travelers from those countries shown with an asterisk (*) Must have a Residence Permit for a GCC Country. The GCC Countries are Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.
Passengers transiting through Oman up to 6 hours are not required to apply for an eVisa Oman, as long as they hold onward tickets for their final destination.
Those who enter Oman as either passengers or crew of a visiting ship are automatically granted a visa without any cost, based on the ship manifest.
Advantages of Processing Your Oman Visa Online
The e-Visa system has made it faster and easier to travel to Oman. The main advantage of the eVisa is that the application is 100% online, with no need to go to a diplomatic mission to present paperwork or collect the approved permit.
The eVisa is the best solution for tourists who want to visit Oman and makes the Middle Eastern nation an even more attractive holiday destination.
Apply for eVisa
The advantages of applying for an Oman visa online through our site include:
- A simplified application process
- Privacy protection and secure form
- A thorough review of the Oman eVisa application
- Correction of any missing or incorrect information by our visa experts (we crosscheck passport data with advanced API technology)
- The option to recover the eVisa to Oman via email in case of loss or misplacement
- Editing of Photos and supporting documents. All formats (PDF, JPG, PNG) and file sizes of up to 8MB are accepted.
- Verification/validation of additional information by visa experts
- Approved Insurance Policy Refund if the Oman eVisa is denied
Why Travel to Oman with an e-Visa?
It is no longer possible to get a visa on arrival in Oman. Eligible foreigners must apply for an eVisa online before departure.
Fortunately, the Oman eVisa application process is much simpler and less time-consuming than the previous on arrival procedure. Instead of having to wait in long queues at the airport, travelers with an eVisa can pass through border control quickly.
There is also less risk involved, a visa on arrival be refused if all the conditions were not met. With the eVisa in hand, passengers already have the essential pre-authorization before making the journey.
How to Travel to Oman with an eVisa?
- Most applicants receive their approved eVisa within 24 hours of submitting the online request.
- The visa is sent directly to the traveler by email, to be printed and presented to border officials along with the passport.
- Foreigners in Oman are advised to keep a copy of their visa and travel document on their person when visiting the country.
- It’s essential that travelers leave Oman by the end of the validity period printed on the eVisa.
- Tourists can request an Oman e-Visa extension at Muscat International Airport. The number of times foreigners can enter Oman using the eVisa is also indicated.
What to Do in Oman with an eVisa?
The Oman eVisa is valid for tourism. Whilst staying in Oman with an electronic visa, travelers can enjoy the country’s many attractions; there are several World Heritage Sites in Oman including the Ancient City of Qalhat and Bahla Fort.
Depending on the category of eVisa applied for, tourists have between 10 days and 3 months to explore the Middle Eastern country.